February 25, 2008

YAMASA Speech Book Cover


Every year Yamasa, the japanese school where I'm in, organizes an speech contest where all the advanced students has to participate with their own texts written in japanese. After the event the school gathers all written speeches into an book and distributes it for free. My teacher asked me to draw something for the cover, but didn´t say exactly what would be good.

I made an illustration representing everything most of the students likes about Japan, at least what I think they do. Starting by an gorgeous japanese girl wearing an samurai armor, representing the beautiful girls, that attracts most of the guys here, and the armor that represents the culture and martial arts. She is holding a banner where is written "japanese" in kanji, which is the language everybody is learning at the school. The symbol in her helmet is the symbol of the organization that holds Yamasa.

After done I realized that I've draw the girl very sexy, a thing that may shock the teachers in the school. So I done some modifications to cover some "fresh" excesses. I don´t know yet which one will be used. In the left side you can check out the first version.

7 comments:

  1. that is one hot samurai! nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow muito loko hein, vc eh um maldito, tem q me ensinar a fazer essas coisas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool stuff!!!The blog is great,specially the "Ninja Attack!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olá Gabriel.Obrigado pelos comentários.Aquele clip da Disney já tem alguns anos.Ele é da época do Rei Leão 2.A animação está muito boa,como sempre,e a música é bem legal.
    Cara,curti muito seus desenhos.Poste + rascunhos,o da garota na mesa está muito bom!
    Estarei acompanhando seu blog.
    Abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cover, I don't know about a cover for a school book, But for everything else in this world its a great cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes man, you done her very sexy. The toned-down version shouldn't offend anyone though. I look at your pictures and wonder at your talent - seriously you could make a living here, in the world of manga and anime, and maybe that's what you intend to do once you've made some progress with your Japanese studies. Good for you with that too, by the way. I've met a few people who've been here for 20 years and still can't string a sentence together... Keep up the good work my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poxa, tá um milhao de vezes melhor q a "inspiradora" :D Tá animal!

    ReplyDelete